Please join MAVA for a new inclusive volunteerism training event in conjunction with our Annual Meeting in the Twin Cities! We will expand upon our work on inclusive volunteerism by exploring the topic of building relationships across cultures to cultivate volunteer engagement.
The training will feature:
· A workshop from the YWCA: Building Relationships Across Cultures - This workshop is designed to give participants concrete skills in learning to ask questions well, build relationships and understand key cultural differences in communication, work styles and community building. We will respond to questions like: “What if I say the wrong thing?” “How do we build mutual value?” and “How do I become more aware of my own culture?”
· Small group dialogues around workshop topics and action planning
· Panel discussion and Q and A with nonprofit and community leaders who have experience in successfully building relationships across cultures
- Tonya Draughn is the Executive Director of Uplift MN and a Program Director for Minnesota Voice.
- Kate Errickson is the Volunteer Services Manager at the Minnesota Children's Museum
- Sandra Vargas, now retired, is the former CEO and President of the Minneapolis Foundation.
· 12-12:45pm MAVA Excellence in Volunteerism Awards
· 12:45-1:30pm Business Meeting and MAVA Program Updates
Registration is $55 for members and $70 for non members.