Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
ST. JOSEPH: Inclusive Volunteerism In Action Training and Annual Meeting
Please join MAVA for a new inclusive volunteerism training event in conjunction with our annual meeting in Central MN! We will expand upon our work on inclusive volunteerism by exploring the topic of building relationships across cultures to cultivate volunteer engagement.
The training will feature:
· A workshop from the YWCA: Building Relationships Across Cultures - This workshop is designed to give participants concrete skills in learning to ask questions well, build relationships and understand key cultural differences in communication, work styles and community building. We will respond to questions like: “What if I say the wrong thing?” “How do we build mutual value?” and “How do I become more aware of my own culture?”
· Small group dialogues around workshop topics and action planning
· 12:00-12:45pm Lunch and MAVA Annual Meeting/Programming Update
· Panel discussion and Q and A with nonprofit and community leaders who have experience in successfully building relationships across cultures
- Eunice Adjei is the Administrator for Create Community, a nonprofit with a mission to dismantle racism through systemic change and make St. Cloud a welcoming place for all.
- Brandyn Woodard is the Director of Intercultural and International Student Services at the College of St. Benedict and St. John's University.
- Lisa Joyslin is the Inclusive Volunteerism Program Manager for the Minnesota Association for Volunteer Administration (MAVA).
Registration is $55 for members and $70 for non members.
Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM
College of St. Benedict Gorecki Center
37 South College Avenue
St. Joseph, MN 56374