The Minnesota Association for Volunteer Administration (MAVA) recognizes that the Covid-19 pandemic is challenging for all of us, including organizations that rely on volunteers to meet their mission and provide essential services to our communities. During this time, normal operations are affected and we as volunteer engagement professionals are called upon to find new ways to lead volunteers. We have prepared this guide to help inform your efforts.
The guide is organized into three sections:
- Section 1 - Focuses on equipping volunteer engagement professionals in need of volunteers during the Covid-19 pandemic with best volunteer management practices based on MAVA’s Volunteer Impact Leadership Training framework .
- Section 2 - Provides ideas for continued volunteer engagement for volunteer engagement professionals in organizations that have paused their use of volunteer resources during Covid-19.
- Section 3 – Explores importance of racial equity in volunteerism amidst the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Section 4 - Covid-19 information and resources from other sources.
- Section 5 – Sample Messaging to Volunteers around Covid-19