Share your volunteerism knowledge and experience with the MAVA community. Write a guest blog!
MAVA invites you to submit a guest blog to the MAVA Blog. Blog posts are featured on the MAVA website, in MAVA emails and newsletters and posted to MAVA's social media. The MAVA Blog reaches a wide range of audiences, including volunteer engagement leaders, nonprofit, government and business employees, national service members, volunteers, general MAVA supporters and many more audiences. To submit a guest blog, please review the submission guidelines below.
Guest Blog Submission Guidelines
Who can submit a guest blog?
Volunteer engagement leaders, nonprofit, government and business employees, national service members, volunteers and anyone who wants to share their volunteerism knowledge and experience with others.
What type of content is accepted?
- Topics about volunteerism, including, but not limited to recruitment, management, engagement, diversity, equity and inclusion and personal stories.
- Blogs should ideally be anywhere between 300-800 words.
- MAVA reserves the right to edit your guest blog for spelling, grammar, punctuation and clarity.
- Please provide one image for your blog. You must own the image. If you do not submit an image, one will be selected by MAVA for your blog. Need assistance finding an image? These websites provide images that are free for download:
What type of content is not accepted?
We are unable to accept content that is:
- contains spam
- discriminatory or harmful toward any individuals or groups
How do I submit a guest blog?
Please submit your blog and image using our Guest Blog Submission Form.
When and how will I know if my blog is accepted by MAVA?
Once you have submitted your guest blog, it will be reviewed by MAVA staff. If your guest blog is accepted, we will contact you by email within 15 business days. If you do not hear back from us after 15 business days, we are unable to accept your guest blog at this time. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide feedback on every submission.
I have additional questions. Who should I reach out to?
Contact Jenna Egan at email@example.com.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with the MAVA community!