Join Volunteer Engagement Leaders from all over Minnesota (and elsewhere) as we learn new skills, connect and redefine volunteerism
MAVA Conference at a Glance
Expand your personal toolbox at work through skills-based sessions that focus on the everyday logistics of volunteer management.
Explore the current data and research, diversity, and the ever-changing landscape of the volunteer world.
Enhance your professional persona in the workplace through career networking, elevating the profession, and getting a seat at the decision-making table.
Over 40 workshops and TED talk style presentations will include the following:
- Data Management and Volunteer Impact
- Designing Volunteer Onboarding and Education as a Fundamental Foundation To Volunteer Engagement
- Creating and Implementing Volunteer Trainings That Work!
- What does Equity mean in Volunteerism?
- Using Interns to Build Capacity
- Strengths Based Volunteer Engagement
- Supporting Volunteers Through Organization Transitions
- The Fine Line Between Volunteers and Donors and How to Cross It
- Getting a Seat at the Table: How Your Peers Went from Coordinator to Director and from Do-er to Influencer
- Mini-Trainings for Maximum Impact: Everyday Engagement Training for Peers
- Citywide Volunteer Engagement: A Path to Stronger Communities
- How to be an Effective Business Partner
- Linda, Listen! Dealing with Difficult Volunteers
- It’s a Win-Win! Utilizing Volunteers in Meaningful Work
- Can't We Just Get A Volunteer Do It? Creating Equitable Exchanges in Volunteer Programs
- Who Are the People in your Neighborhood?
MAVA Conference Lodging Info
Hamline University Lodging
- Linens and towels provided
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Communal bathrooms
Limited number of rooms. Click here to register. (You must register for the conference first to be eligible to reserve a room)
Alternative Lodging - Recommended Locations
Best Western Plus Como Park
1010 Bandana Blvd. W
St. Paul, MN 55108
Distance from Hamline: 1.3 miles
Hampton Inn and Suites University Area
2812 University Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Distance from Hamline: 3.5 miles
Double Tree by Hilton University Area
511 SE Huron Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Distance from Hamline: 3.9 miles
Delta Hotels by Marriott Minneapolis Northeast
1330 Industrial Blvd. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Distance from Hamline: 4.6 miles
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
161 St. Anthony Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55103
Distance from Hamline: 4.7 miles
Holiday Inn Express Roseville
2715 Long Lake Road
Roseville, MN 55113
Distance from Hamline: 5 miles
Register for the Conference
Conference Registration Rates and Options
1/1/2020 - 4/15/2020
4/16/20 thru 6/1/20
6/1/20 thru event
SPECIAL OFFER FOR NON-MEMBERS: Includes one-year
(4/16/20 thru 6/1/20)
(6/1/20 thru event)
The Conference Committee is in the process of finalizing the conference schedule as we get confirmations from our speakers. We would like to let our attendees know that there will not be any pre-registration for specific workshops before the conference. *
Each day will offer an equal mixture of the conference's three main themes (Professional Advancement, Re-Defining Volunteerism, and Foundational Skills) with a number of workshops being offered more than once during the conference. Each day will feature a unique plenary featuring:
- Conference Day 1 - Re-Defining Volunteerism Plenary by Jermaine Davis
- Conference Day 2 - Professional Advancement Plenary with Rob Jackson
- Conference Day 3 - Foundational Skills Plenary with Kirsten Hoaby
* 1-Day Attendees: If you register for a particular day and wish to adjust it once we make all the sessions public, you may do so before May 13, 2020.